2012/08/08

Coffee power

Have you noticed that whenever you are in a hurry and decide to just "run real fast" to the nearest shop on the way, something must go wrong.
In the morning I was nearly late but needed to refill my coffee supplies. Morning in the office always goes more smoothly with a cup of coffee, and I was already imagining a full cup just 5 min from that moment. The shop was almost empty, I quickly took all I wanted.............and then I got to the cashier's. Following conversation is almost identical, roughly translated from Georgian:
-Mari, let's open another cashier.
-OK, let me count all the coins from this one.
(pause, me and a construction worker in front with a bottle of beer waiting)
(while Mari is moving to another cashier, her colleague at this one is tidying up)
(we understood that we should also probably move to another cashier)
(Mari there is still unpacking coins)
-OK, please come closer. Oh no, there is no paper in the printer... Please return to the first cashier.
(quickly and quietly me and the construction worker move in between the cashiers)
-Sir, you got the price wrong. Please add one more lari (or how much it was)
-Oh, really? Then please, cancel the cigarettes.
-Hmmm...ok, lets see.....
(click click click....click click)
(pause)
-Mari.
(pause)
-What?
(pause)
(pause)
(pause)
-What is the code for the beer glasses?


Patience and strong wish of morning coffee can prevail against anything.

...If only... :)

Borrowed from  http://www.cartoonstock.com/






No comments:

Post a Comment